Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Kissing Jordan Good-bye

This entry has been the hardest to write. I have come and started and walked away a dozen times. At about twelve o'clock on March 11, after two nights at the hospital Charles went home to shower. After he had been gone about ten minutes Jordan's doctor came in and told me that he had less than an hour to live. I called Charles and told him he needed to come right back to the hospital. We called some dear friends to let them know it was time to kiss Jordan good bye. There were 25 people in the room. People were singing "On Holy Ground". I am sure we could feel the presence of Angels in the room welcoming Jordan home to Heaven. We all gathered around him and told him that we loved him and that it was ok for him to go. The nurse removed his ventilator and we held and kissed our son. He died at 3:00 pm March 11th surrounded by people who love him.

I decided that the easiest way to tell you about our final moments was just to show you... I have to post it in two parts because I have more photos than it allows me to do at once. I have copied this paragraph into the other post as well.





Zachary telling Jordan good bye...




Benjamin Kissing Jordan good bye...





Jordan's final moments before the vent was removed





Prayers with dear friends...





The vent is gone, but Jordan keeps fighting. Daddy and Mommy feeling Jordan's heart still beating. Mommy tells him it is ok to go with the Angels...



Daddy kissing Jordan good bye...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home