Monday, January 09, 2006

Waiting to see Jordan

After the doctors had finished stitching me up, I was moved to a recovery room. I remember feeling so cold, I was shiverring violently. The nurses kept taking my temperature. They said the shiverring was due to the fact that when your body is open like that for surgery you lose a lot of body heat. They kept packing warm blankets on me, the shaking was overwhelming and very odd since I was still quite numb, I felt out of control of my own body.

My sons were allowed in to see me. They laughed and joked at how I looked laying there shivering with warm blankets all over me. We were in a Catholic hospital and Ben said, "Mom, you look like the statue in the hallway." I think he meant Mary and I am pretty sure she didn't have a c-section!


The boys were walking back and forth between the NICU and my recovery room. Zachary would video tape Jordan and come to show me updates. I can't tell you how happy I am to have his video he made. Because of his hard work, I have Jordan's first bath, when they measured him and so much more saved forever on video tape.

In these photos you see me looking at Jordan's video with some friends sitting near by. I had not yet been allowed to visit Jordan in the NICU. During my pregnancy with Jordan I had hyperemesis gravidarum (severe nausea and vomiting) in this photo you will see my lap has a basin on it. I was still very sick.










While in post op, the reporter from our local newspaper "The Record Searchlight" came in to talk with us. Mostly they just stood in the background and listened to what was going on and took photos. The photos above are two of the 232 photos they gave us later. We were so blessed to receive all of these wonderful photos of our time with Jordan. I spent five hours between surgery, recovery and post op waiting to see my sweet son again. Finally at 12:30, they let me go to the NICU to see my tiny son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home