Friday, November 09, 2007

Not much of an update...

My nick name for Charles is HG Daddy, that started on our new forum, don't remember who started it, but it has stayed.

Ok so I went to the dr today.

Did the ultrasound, baby was more clearly visible, yolk sac, amniotic fluid level, embryo. We could not see a heartbeat. Baby measured exactly the same this week as last week. So Monday Oct 29, Tues Nov 5, and today Nov 9, all measured six weeks. But with each the ultrasound showed further development of the gestational sac. Maybe this baby is just a procrastinator like his daddy?! Why grow today if you can wait and grow tomorrow?

My progesterone level test came back as lowish (13) I was so afraid my doctor would say to stop the progesterone and let nature take its course, but he said the opposite. He said, "With all you have been through I am not willing to give up yet. Double up on the progesterone and come back in a week for a follow up. I am not billing your insurance, it maybe hard to explain why we are doing ultrasounds every week." I said that HG Daddy will be out of town until the 21st could we give the baby a little more time to grow and wait for then, he said, "If you are ok with that, then that is fine." So I scheduled for Tuesday November 20 at 11 am. I have a WIC appt that morning, so it is nice that I can have HG daddy come to two in one day. I have the next five days off so I think I will take that day off too.

My doctor had tears in his eyes and said he was really sorry that he couldn't give me more promising news, and gave me a hug. I will try to scan in my u/s over the past week and a half and show you the development.

Just praying that the little one is curled up in the fetal position and hiding his/her true length.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home