Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Scary Day

Today I was at work and went to the restroom. I got every pregnant woman's fear come true, spotting. My heart just dropped to my feet. I didn't know what to do. I walked to my desk and sat down. The first thing I did was to pray for my baby. I begged God to keep my baby safe. Then I called my doctor's office. He was out but his nurse said she could squeeze me in around 2:20. It was only 10:00am when I saw the spotting, that meant a full day of uncertainty and worry.
I sat there at my desk staring at my work I should be doing and just unable to focus. I tried to busy myself with a couple of tasks and then got online and posted a prayer request. After that I went back to work but my mind kept drifting to my baby. Please Lord keep my baby safe. I went back to the bathroom to check for spotting and there was none there... back to my desk... my thoughts were constantly only of my baby.
I asked my boss if I could go home and lay down for a few minutes. I would be back in time for my 1:30 appointment with a client, then off to the doctor's office.
I went home and updated my prayer request, ate some lunch, and went back to work all too soon. I was terrified, my brain could not focus on anything but my baby. I went to the bathroom about every five minutes to check for blood. I did not see any more blood.
Finally it was time to go to the doctor's office. I arrived about ten minutes early, of course, I was early, right? Who wouldn't be. But of course, I had to wait for a long time, after all they were squeezing me in between other patients. Around 4 pm they called me back and my doctor was in my room immediately. He did a quicky ultrasound and said everything looked fine still too early for a heartbeat. He said that everything seemed ok but to be safe he ordered blood tests for HCG and Progesterone Levels. He wrote on the lab slip that he wanted me to get a copy of the results also.
I went to the lab to get the tests but they said because of HIPAA I could not get the results by fax at work. They said it would violate my privacy. I said I will sign something saying I want them sent there. She said no. She said I could call her and ask her if they are ready, then come to the office and pick them up I said that was fine.
It is almost 10 pm and I have had ZERO spotting in the past twelve hours. I peed on a stick again tonight with a VERY diluted sample and got a very clear fast positive. That was encouraging.
Please pray I find out my results tomorrow are over 2000!!!! That is the perfect number. My doctor gave me prometrium samples to take until we get the results back from the blood work.

My weight today was 175.

I gained a pound in two days but I think that is because my appointment today was after lunch and last time it was just before lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home