Saturday, October 06, 2007

GREAT NEWS!!!

I am thrilled to announce that I am pregnant again!!! WEE HOO praise the Lord.


When I started this blog originally I wanted to address the hurts and hopes and joys and frustrations of pregnancy, 3 misscarriages, Jordan's death, and 15 months of infertility. I have found the hardest thing to write about has been infertility. I think it is just so hard to address this difficult topic when you are in the pits of it. Now that I have my miracle, I plan to write often about this pregnancy and how I am feeling. But also I want to address all of the ways that infertility has affected us over the past 15 months.


But let's start with the GREAT NEWS!! YES we are expecting a baby!!! Once again I am obsessively testing "Just to make sure." And also I love seeing that second line get darker as I progress. This first photo of tests are from Monday October 1 - Wednesday October 3 - and Friday October 5. They are all dollar store tests. I had my blood drawn on Monday and know that my HCG level was 25 that day. I was only about three weeks pregnant, hadn't even missed my period yet!!
















This test is my FAVORITE!! Isn't it beautiful. It is a First Response test I took on Saturday October 6. Isn't it beautiful with that very dark second line? I love it!! My HCG level on Thursday was 127!

















Now the really crazy question, why on Earth did I test so early? Friday, Saturday and Sunday before I tested, I was VERY sick all weekend. I slept almost constantly and was just miserable, nauseous, dizzy, uncomfortable. Monday I woke up still feeling yucky and thought, why not take a test? I was SHOCKED to see that second line peeking through. But it was so light, I had to have it doubled checked with a blood test and I was elated to hear my hcg number of 25!

My last two pregnancies ended in very early losses. We don't know why but just in case progesterone was a problem we did have that checked twice this week as well, and my numbers are right on target!

I have my first ob appt on Monday! I am just so thrilled and excited.

I am also a bit terrified. Even if all goes well with this baby, I am still looking at a probably nine months of HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARUM. If you do not know what that is, you can learn more at http://www.helpher.org . All five of my pregnancies that have progressed past the first month have developed into HG pregnancies. This presents itself as day and night EXTREME nausea and vomitting. There is just no way to adequately enough describe the torture it puts a woman's body through.

So for now I am just preparing for the storm. Cleaning and organizing, making sure that my house is in order should I go to bed for eight months.

I hope to update this blog often with lots of pictures. Beware though, I plan to post the good the bad and the ugly. I want to show the world just how horrible HG can be.

I covet your prayers over this next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home