Tuesday, February 14, 2006

March 25, Jordan's funeral

A day no Mother ever thinks she will have to plan. It was time for my dearly loved son's funeral. Something kind of odd happens when you learn that your child will die. You change your plans for him. Instead of planning for playpens, craddles, and high chairs, you start planning a funeral. I wanted Jordan's funeral to be perfect. I wanted everyone who came to really understand what a very significant, sweet, beautiful little boy Jordan had been. I wanted them to see our love for him. I wanted them to get to know Jordan.

It had been my plan to speak at Jordan's funeral. However, when the day came for his funeral, I was in extreme physical pain. I was having major complications from my c-section. I was almost unable to walk and the pain was so severe that I was having a tough time even speaking. My neck hurt so much that I could just barely support my head. You will see that in most photos I am leaning against Charles. The doctors had prescribed very strong pain medications, but I wanted to have a clear head and didn't take any that morning. This turned out to be a mistake because I was in so much pain that I was having a difficult time focusing on his funeral. The next day I was hospitalized because of this pain and had to have blood injected into my spine. Charles gave the Eulogy and did a beautiful job. His Eulogy is published on Jordan's website.

I put a slide show together of his photos along with two beautiful songs. We played "Homesick" by MercyMe and "Dancing With Angels" by Monk and Neagle. We played the video of Jordan's dedication that our pastor had done just hours before his death. We had a very dear friend and family life pastor of our church do Jordan's funeral. This wonderful man had been in the room as we kissed Jordan good bye. The photos you see below are part of the photos given to us by our local paper from the story they did on Jordan. I am so grateful to them for these wonderful photos.

























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home