Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Four Days later - A visit with Jordan

Four days after Jordan died, Charles had to go to the funeral home to identify his body. He saw him and was surprised at how great he looked. He asked me if I wanted to go visit him one last time. I was so afraid. It seemed that either I would get this beautiful bonus of time with my son. The one last moment everyone always begs for, or it could be terrible to see him so long after his death. My husband warned me that Jordan would be very cold, but that his coloring was very good. I was excited for one last moment with him and to have photos of my son and I without me in a hospital gown or without my nose red from crying. I decided I could imagine that he had been playing in the snow and was chilly from making snow angels. Somehow that worked for me.

Jordan looked better than I ever could have hoped for. The song "One More Time" by Diamond Rio always reminds me of this visit with Jordan.

























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home