Friday, December 23, 2005

A Mother's Heart

This is my first blog post! I have found that I have a lot to say and don't seem to take the time to write in a journal. My husband suggested that I begin to blog.

I am the very proud mother of three amazing teenage boys here on Earth and three much loved babies in Heaven. So much has happened in the past few years, I don't even know where to begin. I suppose I need to begin at the beginning.

My own Mother was a wonderful example of what a mother should be. There was never a moment of my childhood when I was unsure of whether or not my mother loved me. She showed me love every day of my life. My Mom would write me love letters and send them in the mail. It meant so much to me as a young girl to get a letter in the mail. She would always have so many lovely things to say about being my mother. She made it sound like it was an honor. I think the honor was all mine to be able to call her my Mom.

She was the kind of mom who would surprise me when I came home from school with some sentimental gift that I had never known I needed, but suddenly was the best treasure I had. I remember coming home when I was twelve and she had bought me new bedroom furniture and bedding and completely reorganized my entire bedroom. I felt like a princess with my new things. She must have spent all day to have gotten it all done while I was at school!

She was my very best friend. She was the kind of mother I could talk to about anything at any time. I talked to her about everything from puberty to sex to music and clothes. She always had the most wonderful loving advice for me.

I suppose if I am going to be writing here about My own Mother's Heart, I could only begin with where I learned and gained this Mother's Heart, from my Mother.

There will never be a day in my life when I forget how wonderful it was to grow up with the very most wonderful mother of all. My Mom has been very sick for more than four years now. She suffered a massive brain trauma May 23, 2001. She is still alive, but may never be the same as she once was. I am so grateful for the love she always poured out to me. I miss her every day of my life. Every moment of joy, I wish I could share with her. Every tear I cry, I wish I had her to wipe them away for me. Now it is my turn to kiss her hurts better and to wipe away her tears.

I love you Mom, and I thank you for sharing your Mother's Heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home